Hit Songwriting Course
Have you ever wondered why the songs that you write are good but industry people still tell you they don’t sound like hits? Have you read songwriting books and watched all the tutorials on Youtube without them actually making any real difference? This top-line songwriting course tells you what other sources either don’t know or don’t want to give away – the concepts shared here are designed to finally bring the hit songwriter out in you. If you want to learn how to write hits fit for today’s artists or yourself, there is no better way than our hit songwriting course here in Los Angeles.
Writing Top Line
- Learning how to craft powerful melodies and lyric ideas for your tracks.
- Understanding harmony and melody movement.
Great Lyric Writing
- Get the most out of your writing by understanding how to craft more emotive and detailed lyrics.
- What makes a lyric relatable, how to choose interesting concepts in today’s industry. How to twist the common topics and lyrical safe bets that work every time.
In-depth Melody and Harmony
- Using music theory for melodies.
- Understanding melody patterns in pop music.
- Harmonic and melodic intervals.
- Different methods to start a top line – melody or lyric first?
- Finding your own style and feet (creative exercises).
The Business End
- Analyze today’s billboard hits and some of the classics to understand the patterns in hit music writing.
- Pitching, Publishing, and PR.
- Pitching your songs to artists on the latest watchlists.
- What do the briefings mean? How to ‘decode’ them and know your audience.
- Tips, tricks and politics for a songwriter.
- Track examples from different camps.
- What works and what gets used.
- Understanding the different types of royalties, publishing deals, splits etc.
- How to brand and market yourself and your music using social media.
Studio collaboration – Write an original top-line to a project which could be pitched to the artist.
If you miss a session and you’d like to catch it up, or you’d just like to come back and repeat some or all of your course, you can do free of charge on the cycle of your choice as long as we can fit you in!
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message or call (424) 653 6481. To go ahead and book, you can use the ‘BOOK NOW’ buttons, and we’ll look forward to seeing you soon!
Schedules in red or black correspond to the info in the key just below. They change often, particularly close to the start date, so if you see a schedule in red that you like, grab it now before it goes back to full price! There’s a further $100 off for each extra studio course (like Mixing or Logic) you book too!
101: $699 | 201: $699 | Both: $1199 if booked, paid, and taken together
101: $599 | 201: $599 | Both: $999 if booked, paid, and taken together
Saturdays | 11 – 6
101: January 14, 21, 28. 201: February 4, 11, 18
Wednesday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: March 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, May 3. 201: May 10, 17, 24, 31, June 7, 14
Sundays | 11 – 6 | FULLY BOOKED
101: April 2, 9, 16. 201: April 23, 30, May 7
Wednesdays | 11- 6
101: April 12, 19, 26. 201: May 3, 10, 17
Saturdays | 11 – 6
101: July 1, 8, 15. 201: July 22, 29, August 5
Summer School | 11 – 6
101: September 11, 12, 13. 201: 14, 15, 16
Sundays | 11 – 6
101: October 15, 22, 29. 201: November 5, 12, 19
Tuesday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: September 19, 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24. 201: November 7, 14, 21, 28, December 5, 12
2018: Same schedule
To be in the loop when we release more dates, sign up to our newsletter towards the top right of this page. We don’t send many, you can easily unsubscribe, and we never share our data with anyone, ever.
Check out the student feedback from our longer Songwriting Music Producer Diploma ↓