Sound Design Producer Course
If you want to take the next step to achieving your goals as an electronic music producer our Sound Design Producer course is for you! Whatever level of experience you have and style you create we will focus the lessons towards your needs. With no more than 10 students per class and 36 hours of class time you will have the freedom to ask our instructors the questions you need answering while learning techniques and tricks of their own. This course will help you obtain the sounds from your head and transform them into your DAW.
Prerequisite: This is an intermediate to advanced course so learners must have a good understanding of their DAW (Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools etc). We encourage students to attend our DAW courses first. With an added supplement of $75, students may use our iMac workstations that are provided in class if you do not own the listed software in the class curriculum overview. Please be sure to book your iMac as the course fee is non-refundable once you have attended. Controller keyboards, headphones and audio interfaces are always provided for everyone.
If you miss one or several classes or simply wish to comeback and repeat the course, you may do so free of charge. Our door is always open to former learners!
- Advanced run-through of industry leading soft synths such as Serum, Massive, Spire, Sylenth & more.
- NI Komplete (Kontakt, Reaktor, etc) overview of all instruments and in class demonstrations of applications’ use.
- Drum programming in Battery, Ableton Drumrack and Logic EX24 sampler.
- A complete understanding of tones, processing, resampling and different effects.
- Sound choice and genre production.
- Arrangement techniques and components that create all parts of a song.
- Course collaboration project – learning to work with other producers!
- Business tips and Q&A.
Subtractive & Wavetable Synthesis
- Understanding Oscillators, Filters, Wavetables, Envelopes & LFOs.
- Achieving analog tones with digital soft synths of today.
- Creating pads, basses and drums using subtractive synthesis.
- Arpeggiating and advanced subtractive techniques.
- Synth side-chaining, internal routing, layering & tuning oscillators.
- Modulation and automation.
- Attaining club level sub-bass frequencies in your mixes.
- Understanding the results of different tones and frequencies through the world of modulation.
- Randomness & control.
- Achieving distinctive sounds by looping cycles of audio.
- FX and rising techniques.
Track Mentoring Sessions
- One to one mentoring and guidance on your masterpiece
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message or call (424) 653 6481. To go ahead and book, you can use the ‘BOOK NOW’ buttons, and we’ll look forward to seeing you soon!
Schedules in red or black correspond to the info in the key just below. They change often, particularly close to the start date, so if you see a schedule in red that you like, grab it now before it goes back to full price! There’s a further $100 off for each extra studio course (like Mixing or Logic) you book too!
101: $699 | 201: $699 | Both: $1199 if booked, paid, and taken together
101: $599 | 201: $599 | Both: $999 if booked, paid, and taken together
Tuesday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30 | FULLY BOOKED
101: January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7. 201: February 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21
Sundays | 11 – 6
101: April 2, 9, 16. 201: April 23, 30, May 7
Spring School | 11 – 6 | FULLY BOOKED
101: April 17, 18, 19. 201: April 20, 21, 22
Thursday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: June 22, 29, July 13, 20, 27, August 3. 201: August 10, 17, 24, 31, September 7, 14
Summer School | 11 – 6
101: August 28, 29, 30. 201: 31, September 1, 2
Monday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: September 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23. 201: October 30, November 6, 13, 27, December 4, 11
Saturdays | 11 – 6
101: September 30, October 7, 14. 201: 21, 28, November 4
Winter School | 11 – 6
101: December 18, 19, 20. 201: 21, 22, 23
2018: Same schedule
To be in the loop when we release more dates, sign up to our newsletter towards the top right of this page. We don’t send many, you can easily unsubscribe, and we never share our data with anyone, ever.
Check out the student feedback from our Electronic Music Producer Diploma ↓